Jul 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July everyone. A great big thank you to this country that took in my ancestors in. I am very happy to be sitting in my air conditioned office taking a break from my editing work to write a word or two. I usually sing the Star-Spangled Banner on this day (of course, in my own quirky way). I like to emphasize the question in the very last line of song. Just to keep it real and fresh. O say does it yet wave over the land of the free? Does it? How free is our land? I'm in media. I hate seeing slick advertising douche companies destroying teen girls' self image to try and to try and turn a quick buck. I hate seeing the environmental holocaust we're doing in the name of a quick profit. We all live in a county where fear and anger is turning our Home of the Brave into one of those college houses. You know, the kind with the carpet that's got stains on it and puke in the corner and beer bottles all around. This kind of ignorant behavior is really not good for anything. I mean, you know that right?

And so with that, I wish you all a Happy 4th. I wish that you all know happiness and the cause of happiness. I wish you all to be free of suffering and the cause of suffering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramin said...

You know all the WorldVibe crew is working on ourselves to make things right! Thanks for your righteous words brotha!

July 6, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home